lichess.org
Donate

Do you see any advantage for yourseIf in pIaying anonymousIy ?

Are those games saved anywhere , and does it makes sense beside having fun.
I'm an older player and have had many years of rated play. USCF tourneys, postal chess. and 10 years at ICC playing rated chess. I grew tired of chasing a rating and retired from rated play.
Since I started playing on Lichess, I've really only played on the anonymous boards. I put some of 'my' best and interesting games in my studies,1505 games to date. I like that no one gets to see my badly played games... I know I don't want to look at them! As it says in my profile...I just play Chess for fun...Serious fun! - :]
@LStein said in #1:
> Are those games saved anywhere , and does it makes sense beside having fun.

Does *chess* make sense beside having fun?
@LStein said in #1:
> Are those games saved anywhere , and does it makes sense beside having fun.

Having an account doesn't mean having to say your name. apart from a few tournament organizers (it was obligatory to receive diplomas or prizes), no one here knows who I am. and IRL, apart my entire family, none of my IRL friends or contacts know of my activity on Lichess. simply because I spend a lot of time on Lichess and I want to be calm. I am a discreet person who does not want anyone from my circle of friends to watch my games, I do not want any fans or followers.
Where are my anonymous games being saved ?
There is no particular place to look for your saved anonymous games , the games are saved but you can only view them by the game link.
If you want to 'save' an anonymous game, put it in a study, or export the game to your PC. Consider the game lost to oblivion if you don't. - :]

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.