lichess.org
Donate

Lets start a protest

@VITAMIN321 said in #1:
> Lichess never gives you partial credit for getting part of the puzzle correct. That's why People's lichess puzzle ratings are significanly lower than their chess.com rating. So lets start a protest that lichess has 2 options: 1. remove the puzzles rating thing. or 2. start giving partial credit for puzzles.
If Lichess starts giving credit for partially correct puzzles, a 1300 player may have 2000 puzzle rating :D So I disagree
silly idea. Why not give point in a game player who lost but made decent moves all but last right? You either win i.e right all way or you lose. tactic one move short of success usually loses in actual game
I think instead of reward complexification we should have more persistent memory of which puzzle were failed, and how often before retry. Right now, redoing the puzzle right away, lose that information (and all combinations of retry time scales ..)

Sure there is an overall per theme lighter green memory of the amount of non fully successful first tries. That is not the same thing. Has this changed? (have not tried puzzles in some while). But given that during the puzzle partial success does get some feedback (ok not sticky reward), I don't see the part persistent credit as pedagogically required. (depends on what one expects of a puzzle rating, I am assuming everybody know that it is a competition with oneself first).

But pedagogically, I see being able to look at evolution on par with the snapshot thematic ratings decomposition that I applaud since the beginning, more important. (how off topic was this post?)
@VITAMIN321 said in #1:
>So lets start a protest that lichess has 2 options: 1. remove the puzzles rating thing. or 2. start giving partial credit for puzzles.

i like the third option. Solve the puzzles in 1 go.
But you can use option 4. Dont solve puzzles on lichess, go to the place that strokes your ego the most.
@VITAMIN321 said in #1:
> Lichess never gives you partial credit for getting part of the puzzle correct. That's why People's lichess puzzle ratings are significanly lower than their chess.com rating. So lets start a protest that lichess has 2 options: 1. remove the puzzles rating thing. or 2. start giving partial credit for puzzles.

First of all....
How are we going to do the protest to tell lichess.org/?
What are we going to say if we get in trouble?
When are you going to type significantly right?
Why do we need credit for puzzles?

And there is a lot more questions on my list right here.
https://imgur.com/9KeQXZd
@VITAMIN321 said in #1:

In conclusion:
1) Partial credit is a bad idea because a move is only good if you know the continuation.
2) You can disable rating visibility on the entire website.
3) You and whose army?

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.