lichess.org
Donate

Suggestion/Request: Rember sound and language settings

One rather small thing that bugs me ist that lichess appears to not remember my sound and language settings from session to session. Every time I log in (Firefox browser, on my PC), I have to set the language to English (it's always reset to match my location, I guess) and enable the sound. This is not problematic, but slightly annoying. I do have cookies enabled and everything.
I agree with the SOUND settings. It's always muted for me.
I don't have this problem, the sound settings are maintained.
I don't know about sound but storing language has been difficult for a while. However, since both fail, it could well be cookies. Do you log out at the end of your session? If not, then Lichess keeps you logged in. If it doesn't, then it's probably a cookie issue (could be e.g. add-ons or extensions interfering).

Since your language is reset to (presumably) German though, I can give you a tip.

Lichess, and most websites, do not take language preference from region but actually from what you send to the server as your preference. That's right! Every web browser has a language preference that you can configure.

To change it in Firefox:
Preferences -> Content -> Languages (Click "Choose...") and put English at the top. :D

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.